Monday 12 April 2010

Ally Pally

Had a great time at Ally Pally - the Big Stamping and Scrapbooking Show - and hope those of you that went had a great time too. Certainly by the weight of some of the bags I saw people with on the Underground, most people enjoyed themselves. There are loads of stands with stamps, inks and papers, demoes and in a lovely setting too. At lunch I even managed 5 minutes sat outside in the sun looking over the rooftops of London to Canary Wharf and the centre of London.

I digress! I did actually go to work on the Oak House Studio stand where Lynnda and I took turns to demo stamps, inks, Aquash watercolours, pastels etc and Martin wore his fingers out on the till. We had lots of interest in our stamps and stamping card along with craft sheets, acrylic blocks and the pen pots Lynnda had on Create and Craft last time. I was let off for good behaviour at about 3.30pm (when the show quietened down a little) so managed to treat myself to a few things!

So thats Ally Pally done with till September. Next job is preparing for the TV show on May 5th. I'll show some samples nearer the time but I found this card I hadn't shown you so thought I'd do that today.


The stamps are the Sketchy Flowers from the Get Stamping kit clear embossed over Colour Chemistry Purple Pigment Ink. The oval backgrounds are both made using the 'mopping technique'. Wipe the Purple Pigment Ink onto a craft sheet, spritz with water and then mop up with card, heat set it, then mop again till you have a pleasing mottled effect. Spritz the craft sheet again and use up the remainder of the purple ink to create a lighter version. Then its just a case of matting and layering, cutting out the flowers and adding the sentiment. If you like the flowers then they come by themselves in a slightly larger size and are called Spring Blooms and Words - check out the Oak House Studio website.

Well the washer has finished so I'd best go hang it outside - a new experience but it must mean the weather is improving - and then I can go get inky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!