Thursday 3 February 2011

Sentiments

Here's a card I've made for Hels Sunday Stamper challenge 139 with the theme of SENTIMENTS. Having had a rummage through my stamps I decided on this one of Tim Holtz's - one, because I like it and two, because my daughter has just spent 3 days sorting out her final displays for her Art GCSE with the mantra of quality not quantity.


The swooshy background is Bundled Sage, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo distress inks with a gold perfect pearl mist. The owl is an Elusive Images stamp coloured with Gold Brilliance on shrink plastic. Now I'm sure I've used Brilliance on shrink plastic before but this time there was horrible smoke coming off it - not sure why!! I just stepped back a pace and carried on!! He's such a sweet owl don't you think - almost looks like he's smiling....that's if owls can!

Anyway I've been blogging for a year now and only managed 86 posts - that's not very good is it, not even two a week.....must try harder!!

1 comment:

  1. Fab background Elaine! That quote is perfect, my daughter has been doing exactly the same for her Art GCSE! Not easy, is it?!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!