Tuesday 23 October 2012

Honey


Here's a tag for Hels Sunday Stamper challenge week 228 where the theme is Honey Colours/Honeycomb.


I decided that I'd try and make some christmas cards in the challenges but really Honey and Christmas don't really equate in my head.......so what to do??  I'm still eyeing up Tim's Mixed Media set of stamps with the honeycomb stamp, I have no bee stamps and so I've just used Wild Honey Distress Ink.

The background is Wild Honey and a smidge of Aged Mahogany swooshed onto a craft mat and mopped up.  When it was dry I took my annoyance at the weather out on the piece and splattered it with Wild Honey Distress Stain - made me feel better and my tag looked better too!!

I've stamped the Poppy Heads from Elusive Images/Chocolate Baroque with Versafine Olympia Green, edged the piece with Aged Mahogany and added a ribbon and Oak House Studio quote.  Not my usual colour scheme but I quite like it.  

Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

  1. ooh gorgeous, love those poppy heads lots. Brands was cold, wet and miserable... never again in October lol Thanks for joiningin with the sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colours - brightens up a dull Autumn. Love the splodges too & those gorgeous poppy heads. Great colours to use for Halloween too. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, those autumnal colours really suit the poppy heads and love the splats, they are so effective on your beautiful tag. A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!