Tuesday 11 December 2012

November


Here's my November tag for The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge week 11 where the theme is to use CIRCLES.


Back to my daughter's love of History and I had in mind the Houses of Parliament and Fireworks for November so I've used Big Ben from the Paperartsy HP1208 London set.  To fit the theme I've added the circle stamp from Tim Holtz's Bitty Grunge set, masked off Ben Ben and then bashed various Distress Stains to create the fireworks - Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Broken China and Brushed Pewter. I've edged the tag with Silver Dabber and finished it with Remember, the calendar and some seam binding.

The Brushed Pewter metallic stain look quite effective (although it doesn't show up in this photo) so if I have time this week, I may redo this on black/navy card, emboss Big Ben in gold and then use the metallic stains to create the fireworks.

I can't believe we are nearly at the end of this challenge, but I'm hoping for a nice easy one next week. I have to pack my crafting stuff away for Christmas  - I use half my dining table and I think we might be needing it!!

Thanks for looking and I really appreciate your comments!

12 comments:

  1. Such a good idea to use circles for your fireworks. Your page is beautiful!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Elaine. Love those splashes of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it !!!!
    Circles are perfect for those fireworks
    Thanks for playing once again
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great calendar! I like the contrast between the black images and the colourful distress stain splats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, this page is still on my to-do-list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bashed splats look amazing as fireworks and those bitty circles really set them off. Another wonderful calendar page Elaine. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely , Elaine!
    Thanks for playing at CraftBarn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's a genius idea Elaine. I tried a similar thing with Tim Holtz' method of blowing on alcohol inks but it didn't look as good as this. Such great colour choices too. Love it. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the contrast of Big Ben in black over white with the very colourful splashes !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great minds think alike Elaine - I've used the circle stamp but in a very different way to you! This is a wonderful page with the iconic image and the creative use of the stamp as the starting point for fireworks is very clever. I love it!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful results to the firework technique, well done. Loving this calendar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!