Thursday 24 July 2014

Art Journalling


I'm still playing catch up on all the challenges I do and have 9 weeks worth of Journal52 pages to create - I really enjoy this challenge and have decided that I have to go with the first image that pops into my head otherwise it'll end up contrived.

So I'll just add a few pictures - Firstly, Under the Sea


This one is an blue-green inky background with Oak House Studio Sea Life stamps, Mountain Ash for seaweed and Oak Tree for the corally bit.   This song from Little Mermaid popped into my head and I thought it was very apt.   Below, the theme was Travelling - we have a caravan (not quite as dinky as this) so a few stamps on an inky background.  Oak Tree again for the grass/hedging and the Map stamp is PSX I think.


The theme below was Courage - difficult to do but I decided to go for pink.  I'm not a pink person but I can just about cope with this mix of deep pinks......pastel pink...oh no!!


 
 Above is Nostalgia - we've been to New Romney in Kent various times over the years and have just come back from that area.  So reminiscing...definitely.   The steam train postcard is Crafty Individuals.      Below is Nature Inspired - an inky green background overstamped with Chocolate Baroque stamps ....a glade in the woods!


This last one was fashion - well I have no stamps that helped so I just went with colours.  The shops seem to be full of acid yellows and greens - not my choice but in nature, very much so! 

 
Thanks for popping by and I hope you like my journal pages so far.  Very much a mix of styles and colours.....and I still have 3 more to do before the next prompt tomorrow!
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Elaine, you have been very busy! Your pages are all beautiful, I think I like the first one most because it has sea creatures but I love Kent and the railway too....... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Anne says, wow you've been busy! Love how you've made each page so very personal and there are some really special things to draw you into each of them. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!