Thursday 8 January 2015

Tim's Tag - January 2015


I'm having trouble getting started this year but thought I'd have a go at Tim Holtz's first tag for 2015.  The tag and all the instructions can be found HERE - as ever I have very few of the products he used so I've improvised.



I do have some tissue wrap but it's obviously in a safe place as I can't find it.....so I've used some script vellum for the base and coloured it with Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers Stains, mixed with Picket Fence Paint and sprayed with Walnut Tree re-inker.

I've added the Chit Chat stickers and covered with Glue and Seal. 

The numbers are Vinyl Thickers covered with Gold Dabber and with some Gold Stickles added to the 5.

I've added some Snowcap Dabber and more Gold Stickles to the background and finished with dyed seam binding and a bell off a Lindt Reindeer that was on my table......so I'm ringing in the New Year!!




I'm not sure I like the end result but I do enjoy the challenge of finding an alternative if I haven't got what Tim used.  Having rummaged around in my boxes I've decided I really don't NEED any more stash but then I've seen some of the CHA peaks.....oh dear....

Anyway thanks for popping by and please leave a comment - they are very much appreciated!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear indeed Elaine, I am thinking of starting up a 'Bankrupt but Happy' Club, there are so many of saying the same thing about the fabulous new releases.

    I think your tag is beautiful and well done for finding alternatives - especially the Lindt bell, it looks wonderful! Happy New Year to you. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!