Wednesday 8 April 2015

Sunshine and Showers


Here's my art for The Craft Barn's Calendar Challenge where April's words are  BLUE and UMBRELLA(S).   My calendar is going to be an A5 flip one so I'm creating on 14cm square card which will be mounted on black A5 card at the end of the year.


I have two stamps with umbrellas/parasols on so thought I'd use them both - the Crafty Individuals' Bathing Beauty from the By the Sea set (CI - 278) and Tim Holtz's Brolly Man.  I thought this was appropriate as April can be a bit indecisive in the weather department - sometimes sunny but with those pesky showers.  For the background I've used a mix of blue Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans and splattered some water on the rainy side!!  The bathing beauty is coloured with bright markers and I've added some white paint for the waves crashing on her feet. 

So which side do you prefer??   

Hope you like and thanks for visiting - you're always welcome!

13 comments:

  1. I'm sure we will see a few umbrella men on this challenge! I love both your sides but if I had to choose it would be him! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page, definitely on the beach side :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to pick the beach side, only because it looks sunny and warm. You are so right about the weather, it is wonderfully warm here today but it was cloudy and misty yesterday so your calendar page is just perfect for April!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have to pick the beach side - nothing like a paddle with a parasol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to pick the rainy side. I love the drama of bad weather and I think you have captured it really well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh tough choice I love the moody feel of the rainy page but as I'm currently sweltering in temps of 38 degrees a splash in the sea is just what I fancy! I love the contrast of the 2 images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent combination for April.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous image choices that combine to make a perfect April page. I can't choose between them, they both have pluses for me {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well April has definitely been a mix of sunshine and (very heavy) showers and this is perfect. reminds me of those weather house barometers with the figures that come out .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so - that was the aim but I wasn't sure what they were called!!

      Delete
  10. 2 lovely images! The bather looks a bit cold, par for the course in April... I would choose the rainy side because it is more atmospheric and mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you could use this one for this weeks challenge too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like them both!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!