Tuesday 16 June 2015

Dragonfly Dreams


At last I've had chance to make something for The Craft Barn's Calendar Challenge where the theme for June is DRAGONFLIES and LAVENDER.


Lavender is a funny colour as the flowers can be pink or blue - I've gone for a bluer version with the background coloured with Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass Distress Stains.  I've stamped the foliage from Tim Holtz's Fairytale Frenzy set with Pearlescent Lavender Brilliance and then added the dragonfly. 

I was looking for a realistic dragonfly stamp but had no joy so I invested in Tim Holtz's Dragonfly die - not only do you get a die, but you also get an embossing folder too.  I cut three layers - the base out of  some silver glittery card, a black body and some acetate wings which I embossed and alcohol inked.  I took the photo with flash so you get to see the full shimmer!!


So we're halfway through the year so thought I'd show you the first 6 altogether.   Hope you like and thanks for looking - I'm off to see what everyone else has made!!

10 comments:

  1. Love the way you have layered the dragonfly - just shows how much variety you can get from the same die, as it is the one I used, and our dragonflies are totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Elaine, I love Tim's dragonfly and you have used it so beautifully, the alcohol inked wings look stunning and I love how you used the fairytale frenzy stamp, it looks wonderful. My favourite of the months so far... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's fabulously sparkly and delicate at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shimmer! I remember vividly seeing dragonflies and their impossibly thin wings shimmering like this in the sun. Great investment I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful calendar page and what a fabulous dragonfly, I think I'll have to invest in the die.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely, varied selection of calendar pages so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dragonfly looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful Kay and your collage shows how fantastic your calendar is going to be :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Elaine, I called you Kay - I was thinking about my niece's birthday card I have yet to make, lol.
    Your calendar page is another beauty :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page, beautiful dragonfly! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!