Monday 27 July 2015

Time to Celebrate


Well it was definitely a stay in and craft day yesterday so thought I'd enter a few challenges so here are a couple of cards.



For the first one I've used Oak House Studio stamps - Fireworks and the Celebrate Words sets - and I've stamped with their Colour Chemistry Pigment Ink Pads - Triple Fruity Reds and Triple Sky Blues which give a great ombre effect.  I stamped the sentiment, masked it and then randomly stamped the fireworks, sprays and added stars etc.

I've kept it 'Clean and Simple' to fit in with The Craft Barn's weekly challenge, used 'Something Blue' for the Oak House Studio Challenge and 'Take a Stamp - Anything Goes' for the  Craft Stamper Take it, Make it Challenge.


My second card is even simpler but took ages!!  It's for the Less is More Challenge week 234 where the recipe is to use a SNIPPET in the design.   I think this is a great idea - I'm sure we all keep the smallest pieces of leftovers and it's nice to use them.   I used the same sentiment stamp and then used the balloon die that came with the latest Simply Cards magazine.  I cut 5 balloons from various snippets of sprayed card and then I dithered, arranged them, re-arranged them etc.  In the end I've just added one ...well the challenge is less is more!!

Anyway thanks for visiting and please feel free to leave me a comment - they are much appreciated.

Elaine xx

10 comments:

  1. I love the CAS look. Great colour schemes too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wonderful firework theme on the first one, the ombre colours look perfect. The balloon on the second card looks amazing and I love the stitched look around the edge of the balloon. Two fantastic cards Elaine. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. two splendid makes but your LIM card is a triumph - less really IS more!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, CAS-TASTIC and gorgeous cards Elaine.
    Great work with the snippets and such beautiful cheery colours. Need them on a day like today!
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the sunny colours of your single balloon with the blue sentiment. Lots of yummy white space too.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snippet idea to use up left overs... Great cards with a great CAS style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just amazing, both of the cards, I love this Clean and Simple look! Thank you for taking part in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!