Tuesday 12 July 2016

N for Needlework


It's only Tuesday and I've made my postcard for The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge where this time the letter is N.  Mind I did struggle...I read through my dictionary three times before an idea popped into my head.


I've chosen to do NEEDLEWORK and yes I could have added real stitches but decided to stamp an old-style Sampler.  The background is stamped with a Hessian stamp (Kaisercraft) and the Sampler itself uses Stitch in Time stamps (Oak House Studio) and my initials and date are done with the Good Alphabet  (Hero Arts).  I've used the triple ink pads from Oak House Studio too and tried to make it look a bit faded. Having said that I dated it 2016 - I really need to think things through!!  As usual it's finished with the dictionary definition and the N Thicker.

As I said I struggled to find a word this time so it will be interesting to see what others do.  Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

Elaine x

10 comments:

  1. Well, I think it was a great choice Elaine, your Sampler is beautiful. I thought it was real stitching at first glance - loving those stamps! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea I had to zoom in to see that it was stamping and not stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was real stitching as well. A great word and a fabulous stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sampler, I too thought it was real stitching. Great stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great word choice and lovely sampler! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was tough to find a word for N, I like your choice and I think it looks great in a vintage sampler style with 2016 on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first inclination was needle, but when I saw the beautiful needlework sampler you created, I decided to give up on that idea. I felt sure you had sewn this so was really surprised to read it was stamped. It's a wonderful entry and I am truly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely postcard, when I first looked at it I thought it was hand sewn.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love fake stitching... allows me to swerve the real deal! Great choice of word (and stamps)for this nostalgic sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choice of word and the way you have depicted it. The little sampler is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!