Monday 3 October 2016

E for Engineer


There's a new letter over on The Craft Barn's Alpha Dictionary Challenge - this time it's E so I've gone for Engineer as I had some suitable stamps.


I've done the background green...think Emerald...but it's actually Mowed Lawn Distress Stain as it fits nicely between the dark & pink letter D and the lilac letter F.   The diagram stamps are from Tim Holtz Steampunk set,  the Checkerplate is from Kaisercraft and the Dapper Men are from Paperartsy.  Whilst my other half is an engineer, you can't really depict them without their Victorian top hats can you?   As always it's just finished with the dictionary definition and my E Thicker from the Platforms set.

Can't believe it's Monday and I've got my postcard done already.  I'm guessing there will be loads of interesting words chosen this time...off to have a look.   Thanks for visiting.

Elaine x


11 comments:

  1. I haven't settled on a word yet, but I certainly like your interpretation of engineer. It's a real beauty and the stamped men always make me smile. As always, I adore your visual interpretation of your word, and the "thicker" you use, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the emerald green background and the picture depicts engineers perfectly. - love that PA stamp! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word choice, love your 'Emerald' background and men stamp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of word and the depiction of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all those stamps you have used; think I've got a couple of them. Fabulous postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, I love those stamps, they come in useful for all sorts of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvellous collection of stamps on this page! Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really great page, especially as you have engineering connections x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splendid postcard. The engineering drawing in the background looks really interesting and the image of the two Victorian men fit your word choice perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great choice of word and you have illustrated it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!