Sunday 12 March 2017

Mad March Hare


Here is my next postcard for the Craft Barn's Twelve Month Challenge based on Sara Coleridge's poem The Months but we have to add a Hare!   Seriously I thought I had loads of stamps but no....no Hares so I've had to improvise once again!!


The background is a blended mix of Oak House Studio Pigment Inks and the tree is actually an inked embossing folder as that was the only tree that looked a bit windswept!  Again I searched the internet for nice images of hares - there are some really horrible ones out there - and just printed onto card and blended with brown ink.   The dancing daffs are a free stamp with a magazine, embossed in gold and coloured with Tombow markers.  I've obviously added the two lines from the poem to finish.

My friend Lynnda has decided to retire the Oak House Studio brand so if you have enjoyed seeing my makes with her stamps, pure inks and ink pads over the last 10yrs and haven't bought yet, then now is the time to do so.  Everything on the Oak House Studio website is reduced until 17th March so get a move on!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouraging comments!!

Elaine xx

8 comments:

  1. A perfect scene for your leaping hare to play amongst those daffodils. I like the way you have separated the words from the verse and highlighted them to match the centres of the daffs. It is a very happy March postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elaine, your improvised so well! I love the tree and the hare looks amazing. The daffodils are my favourite part as they are my favourite Spring flowers, with their cheerful little heads.

    I was so sorry to hear that Lynnda is retiring, but as one door closes, as they say, another opens - I can't see her being idle!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful postcard matching the lovely springlike days we have been having. thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great postcard. I used the same daffodil stamp and I like your idea of inking an embossing folder. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous - hadn't realised you were also doing the postcard format - you are doing it much better than I am! Love that daff stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spring scene. I think I used the same daff stamp as you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful spring scene. Freebie stamps proved very useful in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Spring scene! Great hare too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!