Friday 23 June 2017

June Bouquet


Seriously short of time and inclination at the moment - I invigilate at the local school and have done 45 exams in the last 5 weeks.  Luckily only 1 week to go and then I may be able to stay awake in the evenings and do something!!  Anyway this afternoon I've had chance to make my postcard for The Craft Barn's Twelve Month Challenge based on Sara Coleridge's poem.


The background is just blended inks overstamped with a Lace Kaisercraft Stamp in Vermillion Red.  The posy mentioned in the poem has turned into a bouquet as it's the only stamp I had with tulips - it's a Stampendous one.  Please do not look closely at the colouring - there are splodges where they shouldn't be.  My excuse is that I am tired, in a rush and my DH decided to try and mend the curtain rail behind me........

Anyway it's done and ready to go in my calendar.   Thanks for popping by and sorry there has not been much for you to see.  Another week and I will have the summer to myself .....and then the weather will change!!

Elaine xx

7 comments:

  1. Great Postcard - the colours are so very topical! Hot, hot hot! Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those hot colours to match recent weather! 45 exams - that's a bit of a marathon, so you deserve a really good relaxing summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not at all surprised you are lacking in inclination, you have such a lot on your plate! You did a wonderful job on your postcard, I love the gorgeous warm colours you have used and the background is beautiful! I hope summer lasts a big longer so that you can enjoy some!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job with your postcard for June especially considering all those exams going on. I had a meltdown. zero inspiration, rushed it today and missed the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous vibrant colours. Well done for getting it finished as well as all the invigilating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colour choice was very apt for the hot weather we had last week. Shame it's raining this week now that you are able to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great postcard, lovely bright colours! Hope you get some rest soon! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!