Tuesday 10 October 2017

October Pheasants


Here is my next postcard for The Craft Barn's Twelve Month Challenge which is based on Sara Coleridge's poem The Months.   The month is October and the two lines are about nuts and pheasants.


Another thought provoking one as I don't have any pheasant stamps and I didn't want to do another blue sky/green grass scene.  So clip art saved the day and I printed off this one and cut him out.  Just think a pheasant strutting about in the long grass inside a walled garden.   I've inked through a brickwork stencil with Amber Clay and Creamy Brown Chalk Inks, cut grass out of some green and inked card and finished with the poem. 

Not very technique laden and no stamping but I hope you like. Thanks for visiting and your comments - they are always much appreciated.

Elaine x

7 comments:

  1. I really like this. Something about the wall background makes it more urban and edgy...pheasant with attitude! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This works very well. Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that beautiful wall you created, it looks so lovely behind the pheasant and you did a great job on the grass too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one Elaine. Pheasants do strut about in long grass. The chalky inks look great on that brickwall. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like this too, something very pleasing to the eye the way you have put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great picture. The colors and images all work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I do like it! The brick wall is a perfect backdrop for the pheasant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!