Friday 26 June 2020

Week 14


Week 14 I think and still blogging - not sure how I've managed it and how much longer I will do my weekly round-up.  The last 2 days have been blooming hot - over 30 degrees both days and the overnight rain and thunderstorms lasted about half an hour I think.  Not really enough to clear the air and dissipate the heat.   I've been out for a walk this morning - only a gentle stroll across the local park but it's uphill and hot and sticky and I'm now stuck to the settee!

Only news this week is that I've actually been into town shopping - that must be 15 weeks since I last went.   I only went as Shoezone are shutting down and I wanted some new sandals to slob around the house in and some new exam shoes should we ever do any exams.  Some nice comfy shoes to stand in for 6hrs and with nice soft soles to not make a noise and disturb the students. Also useful for sneaking up on the misbehaving ones and catching them in the act!!

Next week my daughter has taken the week off work so I've booked for us to go to Nymans NT gardens - another local property.  I was trying to get tickets for Sheffield Park but the only slots available had only 1 ticket - not much use for 4 of us.  Sheffield Park is renowned for it's autumn colour so we tend to visit in October and sometimes in the Spring but have never visited in the Summer - they've had a waterlily festival the last couple of years but not seen them so that would have been nice. Never mind a walk will be good no matter where.

So next week I'll have photos to cheer this up - until then, stay safe and well.

Elaine xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!