Monday 27 July 2020

Another week, another post


I'm not sure why I'm writing this post but I am purely to try and keep my blog going.  Nothing has happened in the last couple of weeks but maybe in the future something will happen that is worth writing about.

I might be typically English and discuss the weather - a mixed bag really, some hot, some windy and some rain which the garden definitely needs.   I bought some snapdragons earlier in the spring but one by one they are just going limp and I don't know why - too wet, too dry who knows - but on a swift visit to Homebase I bought a big fuchsia which has filled 3 holes and so far, so good.

This week is wear a mask in the shops week - after hours of searching online I bought a pretty mask but its far too small.  We ran out of bread so I had to go to Sainsburys on Saturday.  What with it chucking it down with rain outside, wearing a mask, steaming up my glasses inside and out, it wasn't a pleasant experience.   So this week is spend more hours searching folksy, etsy etc for another mask that hopefully fits.

Not sure I have much else to do.  I've arranged to meet a friend for lunch in 2 weeks time- we haven't had a good long gossip since February so that's something to look forward to.  In the meantime I shall watch the baby blackbird having flying lessons.  The parents have been going into the honeysuckle bush regularly with mouths full of grubs and last week I could hear the chirping.  This morning the baby was out being chased from washing line to bench to bird feeder by mum - get those wings going!!    I shall try and get a photo.

Anyway I'll stop rambling now.  Stay safe everyone.

Elaine xx

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is getting harder to say anything about anything here! We have had a strange thing or two going on in our garden. We have lots of clematis in the garden, one of them goes limp one day and blossoms the next, it is so weird, not like clematis wilt at all! It has been a joy here too watching the baby blackbirds having a bath in the bird bath, they are just so adorable.

    A friend came round last week and we had a socially distanced catch up. It was very strange but enjoyable. It will be a while before we do it again though... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!