Monday 10 May 2010

Gold (and Black)

Here's my entry for the Sunday Stampers 102 challenge with a GOLD theme. I haven't joined in with many challenges - just started blogging - but I've decided the only way I'm going to keep up is to go with the idea that first pops into my head and try and use up all those scrappy pieces of card and paper in my bit box. It's getting a bit full so I have a choice between using some up or buying another box.....tempting!

I'm guessing black is allowed with gold. Black isn't strictly a colour and I needed something to show the gold off!! I just used a selection of Oak House Studio's oriental stamps - dragon, script, lucky day symbol and seal - and fiddled about for half an hour making my tassles out of very lively gold thread. The dragon is stamped on acetate and the seal is triple embossed.

Anyway I suppose I ought to go and rescue my hoover that I abandoned halfway through the morning ....or maybe not!!

4 comments:

  1. Black is good - tis the only colour I tend to wear ROFL...apparently it is slimming ;o)) Thanks for joining in with the Challenge, loving your card and that dragon is just divine! Hels x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your black and gold combination and love the embellishment. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that, I love the black and gold - just fabulous! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, gold and black is stunning together! This is great, love the Asian theme, well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!