Thursday 14 October 2010

Tree Silhouettes

I've been playing with gloss card and distress inks again trying out an idea I saw in Craft Stamper magazine - sorry but I can't find my copy at the moment so can't credit the designer. She used just a square of colour and a silhouette flower.

Whilst working on a set of autumnal ATCs I veered off at a bit of a tangent. Everyone knows you can use Distress Inks to produce a distressed shabby effect but they work just as well swiped across gloss card to make a pale background. I've masked the background with post-it notes and used autumnal colours of Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door to show off the Beech Tree.


The Oak Tree background is just swipes of Shabby Shutters, Bundled Sage, Broken China and Stormy Skies again using post-it notes as the mask.

It's so simple but I think it looks very effective and really shows off these Oak House Studio trees. Apologies for the photos - the colours show up much better in real life...honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!