Wednesday 3 November 2010

Christmas & Craft Stamper

Well I have it on good authority that my Mini Christmas Card made it into the December 2010 issue of Craft Stamper magazine - yeh!!!

I haven't had chance to buy a copy yet so have no idea what else is in there but I thought I'd let you know how I made it.


I've used Oak House Studio's Christmas Corner, Winter Garden Text and Merry Christmas stamps and the brief was to use red, green and gold to produce a 4" x 4" card.

I've gold embossed the Winter Garden Text, edged it with gold Stickles and then matted it up onto green then red card. This stamp is great for all sorts of cards - it does include Holly and Hellebores which fits with the Christmas Corner stamp perfectly, but it doesn't actually mention christmas so can be used for any winter/early spring cards.

The Christmas Corner was again embossed in gold and painted with Twinkling H20s. I think I did 3 of these so that I could use 2 layered for the main corner and then use the other to decorate the Merry Christmas. I just finished it off with some red Stickles in the Hellebore centres and a few small red beads for the Holly berries.

Hope you like it. Yes, I know it's the beginning of November, but showing this card has actually made me feel more christmassy so maybe I'll get my christmas stamps out and have a play.

2 comments:

  1. Congratualtions on being published, This corner is a lovely stamp and quite rightly very popular. You forgot to mention that you drew this perennial favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elaine,I am the lucky recipient of your lovely card from the Craft Stamper swap and in awe of the fact you designed the stamp yourself. It is in pride of place in my craft room. Kind regards, Annette Jones (PS To avoid confusion, Caroline is my daughter who has kindly helped me post this!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!