Friday 12 November 2010

Something in the Woods

Over on The Artistic Stamper Challenge Blog the theme this month is Something Hidden so I thought I'd have a go at a little piece.


Can you guess what's inside? Yes, it's a little owl hiding in the woods. As ever it looks nothing like what was in my head but as with all challenges you learn something. In this case it was add a little gusset between the arches and then it might have a chance of folding up flat!!


Luckily my OH finished a box of cereals this morning so that was the base painted with Nutmeg paint and then dry brushed with black acrylic to recreate wood. The inside is distress inks (Bundled Sage, Shabby Shutters and Pine Needles) and the little owl is an Embelliscrap one. The ivy stamp is Oak House Studio, the alphabet is PSX and the calligraphy is an Artistic Stamper one.

Hope you like it. I'm off to see what everyone else has been hiding!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your arches! That calligraphy stamp is gorgeous, I've been thinking of buying it before and now that I see it used, I really think I should. Thanks for commenting on my tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your arches are lovely Elaine! Great idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow , how cool is this :)) Thank you for joining in the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!