Wednesday 24 October 2012

September


Here's my next tag for The Craft Barn's Calendar Challenge week 4 with a theme of DOODLING.

I don't really doodle these days as the laptop gets used too much and I couldn't decide what to do that had any meaning for April.  I have a few ideas for other months so I've just plumped for a Doodling September!!   


I've clear emboss the dots and checks from Tim Holtz's Bitty Grunge set and the Rosette stamp from Oak House Studio and then inked over this with Salty Ocean, Broken China and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink spritzed with Faded Jeans Re-inker.  I've doodled around the edges and added a tag so my daughter can add her doodles too!!  It's just finished with the calendar and some distress inked seam binding.

Loving this colour combination with the white stamping and black doodles - thanks for looking!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, I think this is my favourite so far, love the fabulous colours and the doodling is very impressive. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue, black and white. Love this combination.
    and your doodled calendar is fab.
    Thanks for your entry this week
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful calendar tag, love the blues. What a good idea to add a tag so someone else can add a doodle or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love the colours just draws the eye on the thumbnails and the doodles round the edge just finishes it ! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty calendar, great stamps and loving the idea of the tag for your daughter to doodle onto.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty Elaine. I love the embossed sections. The idea of giving your daughter some space to doodle is inspired!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely textures with the embossing, on this calendar page !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful blue colors. Love your stamping and doodling peeping out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!