Friday 1 February 2013

Alcohol inks


Just a quick post to show a couple more backgrounds done with the technique I saw over on Roni's blog HERE.


The one above is a mix of Meadow, Pesto and Lettuce alcohol inks with dots of Sunshine Yellow, and the one below is Red Pepper, Watermelon and Wild Plum.  This one I've done a border using felt and a bit of Pitch Black added to the mix.
 

I love this one but I'm not sure what to do with it at the moment so I'll wait for a suitable occasion when I need a background. 

The next technique of Roni's I want to try is Blown Stickles - a blob of Stickles and then blasted with a spray of air.   Don't have an air spray can (yet) and whilst I've used a straw for blowing the stains, I can't help thinking more pressure will be needed for Stickles. 

Anyway off to play with Paperartsy paints for Leandra's challenge so watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine, oh no I cannot imaging blowing Stickles by the mouth and straw method either but it would be great fun using an air spray can. I love the pink background, it reminds me a bit of coral at the bottom of a sea pool......wonderful colours! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab, Elaine....the green one is nice, (I've been making some green backgrounds too), but the pink one is gorgeous....it reminds me of a Hibiscus flower, just needs afew dots of colour in the middle for the sepals ;-)xx Looking forward to working with you on the 'team' xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!