Monday 22 September 2014

Autumn again!


I can't believe it is 2 weeks since I last posted anything.  I've decided that I'm a winter crafter....October to May I'm fine, otherwise life gets in the way.



Just thought I'd post this tag (made previously for a Calendar Tag Book) using autumnal inks and the Beech Tree to remind you of Oak House Studio's Autumn Challenge.

It ends on 30th September so still time to create something!!  

Full details can be found HERE.











Since coming back from holiday I've packed and delivered  my daughter back to Falmouth in Cornwall where she is at Uni.  Over 300 mile trip so we stayed for a day or two and ate Cornish Pasties and Fish and Chips and had a lovely walk through Glendurgan Gardens in the sunshine. The wind on the coast was wicked but in the gardens it was very sheltered and beautiful - well worth a visit!

The only crafting I've done is going to Ally Pally on Saturday to buy more stash.  Do I really need more?   I have to admit I only bought a few bits off Leandra at Paperartsy.  I was tempted by the MDF Man but really didn't want to carry much as I went by train.  The show itself seems to be going downhill with fewer stands every year but I love the setting.  This is the rose window in the Great Hall.


Also my other daughter and I were off to the Tower of London to see the 888,000+ poppies.  She's just finished a history degree and had never been so we spent 3 hours walking the walls, queuing to see the Crown Jewels etc.  We came away with lots of useless information - did you know King Henry lll had a polar bear and he used to let it fish in the Thames on the end of a rope!!   Bizarre but true.




Hopefully this week I'll get out the stamps and inks and create....after I've caught up with household chores etc etc.  One day.........


1 comment:

  1. What a great post Elaine, I love your tag and also the pic of the carpet of poppies, I could never tire of seeing that. I did not make it to Ally Pally this year again but I feel much better knowing that it was not as great as in the past. Such a strange fact about King Henry's bear but I guess that explains the statue! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!