Wednesday 10 June 2020

Week 12 - Staying in


Well this is going to be a very short post - I've stayed in and done nothing much exciting.

I'm at the pottering stage, in the garden, round the house tidying bits, across the park and painting down the Rifle Club.  The majority of the painting has been done - it was bright yellow with blue panelling below.  Whoever painted it previously made it look like a kid's playschool.  It's now magnolia at the top and a pale green below to match the dark green carpet tiles.  These colours were chosen about 4 years ago (nobody did any painting) and were to match the curtains which have now been replaced with blinds.  However it is nearly done, all the rammel has been thrown out, windows cleaned etc ready for re-opening who knows when.

After crossing all our events off the calendar, tomorrow I have booked to go to Standen which is our nearest National Trust property so we will go for a walk, in the rain.  My daughter who has been working from home hasn't been outside for nearly 13 weeks - hope she remembers where she left her shoes!!

Well that's it.  No photos.  Nothing exciting.  Just staying in, keeping safe!!

Elaine xx


2 comments:

  1. Nothing interesting or exciting here either, but thank you, I had to spend a few moments looking up the word 'rammel', it is not one I have ever heard before, so I learned something new!

    I hope you enjoyed Standen. Take care and keep safe and well. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. I had to look rammel up too as I wondered if I'd made it up - I just meant rubbish. Seems to be a Midlands English dialect word so that fits!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!