Wednesday 3 June 2020

Week 11 Lockdown (sort of)


Another week has gone by and nothing much changes - the TV pictures and news gets worse by the minute and today Boris has said he is taking direct control of the crisis.   It does make you wonder who has been in charge over the last 11 weeks.

Rant over.  The weather has been glorious but is set to change.  As I said to the lady in front of me in the supermarket queue (only 6 of us so not bad) look at the positives, we haven't had to stand out here in the rain at all.   We are now starting to get drought warnings here in the south-east - blamed on all those people who never washed their hands before!

Yesterday we actually drove out of town - one mile, to the local nursery to get some bedding plants.  So I spent a couple of hours digging out my tulips and daffs and planted all my pots up again - it was blooming hot !!  My garden news for this week - I put some old grapes on the bird table and a jackdaw had them all.  Never seen one in my garden before and he was too quick to get a photo.  I stood very still on the patio with my camera, he was watching me, as soon as I looked away, he nabbed them!


Today's photo is the Kiftsgate Rose on front of the house.  It usually flowers for my daughter's birthday next week.  When she was born, the midwife refused to come in the house as she was admiring the rose.  We hadn't noticed in our chaos and that was the first time it flowered so we always remember.  This year it started coming out about 2 weeks ago, it smells gorgeous and is humming with bees.


Anyway, that's my ramblings for the week.  Stay safe everyone.

Elaine xx



1 comment:

  1. Apologies for my lateness, I took a couple of days away from social media. That is such a lovely story about the rose, it looks so beautiful too.

    We have been doing pretty much the same as you but without the trips out - ordering plants on-line just isn't the same though. Fortunately we have just had four straight days of rain so it has really helped the soil.

    Stay safe and well. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!