Tuesday 7 April 2020

Week 3


Another short post - I've been staying home, trying not to watch too much news, and been to Sainsburys twice.   Most people have been sensible except for those that think it is ok to barge into that 2m of space I was keeping.

I've been out in the garden - it's been ages since it rained and everywhere is so dry.  It's going to be one of those funny years.  It was so wet with torrential rain at the start of the year and everywhere was flooded.  Now the weather has improved, lovely and sunny, and we are stuck at home.  As soon as we are allowed out, the rains will come back and then there'll be deep snow to finish the year off.  All doom, gloom and despondency!!

On a brighter note my husband has been out a few times.  He belongs Sussex 4x4 Response which were mainly set up to help the emergency services in inclement weather - driving doctors through the snow etc.   Currently they are distributing PPE for the NHS - the Army are delivering it by the pallet loads and Mike and his colleagues are taking to hospitals and care homes etc.  Yesterday he went to Sussex University to get all their PPE and take to a hospital.   Every little helps.

Elaine xx

1 comment:

  1. I do wonder if we will all be in the same position this time next year, it is depressing. In some ways I am glad I am not allowed out! Mind you getting a slot with a supermarket each week costs me a full day on line.

    Your hubby sounds like a proper hero, well he is in my books, as is anyone who helps front line staff. Keep safe and well and do enjoy the good weather while it lasts! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!