Tuesday 28 April 2020

Week 6 of Lockdown


Another week has gone by and I can honestly say it seems to have flown passed.  I'm not sure what I've done other than pottered in the garden and been once to the supermarket.

Shopping this week it reminded me of Supermarket Sweep which is basically what I do.  Walk as fast as possible, avoiding people of course, buying as much as possible in one go and hoping that when I get home some of the things I've grabbed do actually go together and make a sensible meal.

The weather has been lovely again - today it has been raining but I think that is the first rain we have had for a month.  The garden does need it and it makes all the shades of green so much brighter.  I decided on Sunday to put some Snowflake seeds in some compost and see  if they would grow.  They are tiny and all was going well till I dropped the tray in my husband's toolbox - he emptied the tools out, hoovered up the soil and put that back in my seed tray.   I watered it, put it on a sunny windowsill and blow me down, this morning I can see one pair of seed leaves and 3 other shoots.  I never expected them to grow at all.    I'll take a photo for next week's post!

We were supposed to have been going on holiday this week before I started 7 weeks of summer exams but that all got cancelled.  Instead I've been sat on the gravel drive pretending I'm at the seaside - I nearly got a bucket of water out for my feet so I could go for a paddle!!

Maybe I've been locked in for too long but I can wait it out.  The longer we stay in now, the better it will be ….I hope.   Stay safe everyone.

Elaine



 

1 comment:

  1. It really is interesting how quickly we get used to things! Because we can't go out we are using on line shopping deliveries, it is quite interesting seeing what we get as opposed to what we order!

    Well done on the rescue of your seeds, I look forward to seeing pictures next week.

    Sorry to hear about your holiday though, hopefully next year things will be better! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!