Monday 20 April 2020

Week 5 of Lockdown



Here again so soon - for all the boredom and procrastinating I did think last week went a little faster.  Maybe it was because we had a bank holiday and my daughter's working week was only 4 days or we are all getting used to it.


Nature is still taking over - more and more people are actually appreciating what is around them and going out taking photos etc.  I don't remember buying these tulips but they are really pretty - a deep maroon colour.  We live very close to Ashdown Forest which is the home of Winnie the Pooh and the Hundred Acre Wood etc.  A A Milne lived on the forest and so his books were set there.  Other fun facts - I went to school in Nottinghamshire and my friend's father went to University with the real Christopher Robin!  I'm rambling - what I was going to say was that the deer are taking over the roads on the forest already.

I'm not sure what I've been doing this week other than my one trip out to the Supermarket.  We did watch Phantom of the Opera on Saturday afternoon which was brilliant.  Andrew Lloyd Webber is putting his musicals on youtube on Friday nights for just the weekend so we're now sat waiting to see which one it will be this weekend.

We also watched the TV programme on the West Highland steam railway - 2 hours of chugging along with very little commentary.  I found it really interesting as when I was little we always went up to the west coast of Scotland for holidays staying at Arisaig, swimming in the sea, days out to Skye and fishing off Mallaig Pier.  We also took the train to Fort William for fish and chips on night.  Happy days when life was simple or I didn't have to worry about it!!

Oh well, that's another week done.  At least the number of deaths do seem to be going down so hopefully we might be allowed out of the house come June.

Elaine xx

1 comment:

  1. It really does sound like you are getting used to things, and enjoying exploring different things. I am certainly enjoying taking things more slowly than usual, but will be happy when it is all over. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!