Monday 4 May 2020

Week 7 - Staying inside


Another week and not much news to report.  I've been to the supermarket twice and been for 2 short walks across the local park.   There do seem to be more and more people out but everyone is very well spread out and taking avoiding action.   It's going to be really strange getting back to normal and actually passing people on the same pavement!

The death figures today seem much lower - I just hope that the numbers keep going down and it all doesn't come back again.   Friends of ours have a mother in the care home in town - she is fine, but the care home has lost 20 residents, out of 60, in last 2 weeks.  It must be horrendous to be in there, work there or have relatives there.

On a brighter note, my garden is doing well.  The tulips are just about over and my oak tree is just coming into leaf  We went to Wakehurst Place about 15 years ago when my children were small, picked up some acorns and planted them when we got home.  This is one that we've kept in a pot on the patio to keep it small - it blows over occasionally, it loses a branch or two but you can't beat a good old English Oak.


Below is a picture of my seeds from last week.  I'm not sure what I am growing - to be honest it looks like grass but there are some tiny seedlings that may be snowflakes.  I will persevere and probably find I'm growing grass after all.



This week we have my daughter's birthday on Thursday then Friday VE Day a Spitfire is coming over the local hospital on it's way to Captain Tom's house.  The hospital is home to the Guinea Pig Club where all the burnt and disfigured airmen were treated in WW2 so hopefully next week I'll have some photos of that.

Stay safe everyone.

Elaine xx

2 comments:

  1. That is such sad news about the Care Home, I hope your friend's Mum stays well. The increasing figures for Care Homes is certainly worrying.

    Your seedlings do look interesting! I have some seeds from M&S when they were doing them pre lock down but I have yet to plant them. It is nice and sunny and warm today so maybe today will be there day!

    It will be wonderful to see the Spitfire, Captain Tom must be so thrilled to have had last week's fly past and then this one too. He certainly deserves it.

    Take care and keep safe and well. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment!